Friday, May 13, 2011

Wish Rillzo Eco-Village

Just the other day, my family and I took a little trip to Wish Rillzo.
Here is how it went.

First, we drove for quite a while, until we got to a body of water.
There was a ferry boat sending people across (in their cars).
We waited for a few minutes, then drove on, too.
It took about half an hour for the ferry to take us all the
way to the other side of the water. When we got there, we drove
up a hill and around a few corners. I looked up from my book,
and saw we had arrived at a place called
Wish Rillzo Eco-village.

We got out of the car and met a few people. We found our friends
that we had planned to meet there. We explored, and saw they
had a trampoline, chickens, bee hives with bees, community
houses, gardens...
...It was a dream come true. I new right away that I wanted to
live there.

Then I met a man named Nils. He stepped out of his car and
introduced himself. We told him our names. Then we found
out he was a Bee Man, and he was about to go "check on some
bees." Now, I've always had a kind of connection toward bees.
When I was much younger and we lived in a trailer on a mountain
for a while, a swarm of bees came to hang out nearby.
I watched, then stuck my hands right next to them.
They crawled all over my arms and I didn't get stung once.
I loved it.
And the two times in my life I've been stung, I didn't hate
bees afterward.
So when this man said he took care of the bees, I liked the
sound of that. I asked him if I could help him, and he said yes.
So he put me in a real bee suit and lead me to the bees.

For hours we did things for the bees, scrapping off beeswax,
giving them sugar, cutting off male brood and feeding it to
the chickens, watching the queen bee, and having fun.
It was an absolutely amazing experience and I learned a lot.

Also, while I was at the awesome Eco-Village, I helped build
some of a house, brought in chicken eggs,
(like I do where we live right now) played soccer,
Found a "secret" passageway, and I hope
next time I'll get a chance to jump on the trampoline.

I really, really want to live there, and my parents are seriously
considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment